What insurance claims do we file?
- We will file all Primary insurance claims.
How do we file insurance claims?
- If your insurance company is setup for electronic filing, we will file this claim electronically through our computer system.
- Although many insurance companies are computerized, many are surprisingly not set up to receive electronic claims. For these companies, we will mail a printed claim, on a HCFA-1500 form, using USPS mail.
When do we file the insurance claims?
- Typically, we file your claim within 7 days after the office visit.
NOTE: Although we may file your claim, it is quite common for insurance companies to “lose” and “not process” the claims. They commonly state that they did “not receive” our claims.
- Hence, it can sometimes take a few months for your claim to be processed properly.
- If we have not received payment within 45 days, we will re-file your claim.
Do we file Secondary insurance claims?
- Although we file all Primary insurance claims, we generally do NOT file Secondary insurance claims.
- Some insurance companies will transfer your claim automatically to the Secondary carrier, in which case it will get processed without any further intervention.
- Else, you will be required to submit the claim to your Secondary carrier after you receive the EOB (Explanation of Benefits) from your Primary insurance company.