Out-patient, Office Consultations
- Dr. Athni is available for detailed Neurologic Consultations in our office.
- During your initial visit, we will do a detailed Neurologial history and physical exam.
- If a firm diagnosis can be made during the initial visit, we will set forth a treatment plan.
- If additional testing is necessary, we will delineate, schedule and follow thru with a diagnostic testing plan, after which a follow-up visit will be scheduled to discuss the results of the diagnostic tests.
- After the results are discussed, we will set forth a treatment plan as medically appropriate.
- Most diagnostic testing is done in “steps”, starting with the least invasive and slowly progressing to more invasive testing as the need arises.
In-patient, Hospital Consultations
- We are affiliated with the Coliseum Health System, with courtesy privileges at Coliseum Northside Hospital, located in North Macon.
- For in-patient evaluations, we expect you to be admitted under the care of a Hospitalist, your private Internist or Family Practictioner
- If a neurological problem arises which cannot be handled by your admitting physician, he or she will call the Neuro-Hospitalist for a formal hospital consultation