VNG – Videonystagmogram
Videonystagmogram – VNG
What is a Videonystagmogram (VNG)?
- A Videonsytagmogram, or VNG, is a diagnostic test used to evaluate any balance difficulties or dizziness you may have.
How is it performed?
- The test is performed in the office, by a registered Audiologist.
- You will be wearing “goggles” during test, which will allow us to measure your eye and inner-ear activity during the test.
- The test takes approximately 1 hour.
- During the test, we will induce your dizziness. Your eye and inner-ear activity will be measured while you are dizzy.
What type of results will be obtained from the study?
- The test will tell us whether your dizziness is caused by an inner ear malfunction, or some problem inside your brain.
- This test is especially useful in MS patients, as we are looking for some MS-induced CNS dysfunction which may not be clinically evident.